Title is soooo big and so is our project. I name this project as Ultimate Home Automation using ESP8266 12e development board. This single project can be used for various applications. Some of the applications of this project are,
- Controlling multiple appliances through Google assistant from anywhere in the world
- Monitoring sensor’s data from anywhere in the world
- Automating home appliances(lights,fans,etc) whenever we enter into the room using motion sensor
- Getting notifications on our phone whenever anyone secretly enters in our room or lab.
- IoT based Air quality monitoring device by attaching dust sensor,Co2 sensor,Temperature,humidity etc
These are some of many projects which can be built using our single board. I have made two teaser videos using this project to show the variety of applications.
- ESP8266 12e development board(NodeMCU) (http://amzn.to/2BKS7cv)
- 4 x 5V Relays (http://amzn.to/2ChddQC)
- 4 x 1n4007 Diode (http://amzn.to/2EM4IuD)
- 4 x BC547 transistors (http://amzn.to/2oiTbfV)
- 4 x 330ohm resistors (http://amzn.to/2ojg8zN)
- 16 channel analog multiplexer module (http://amzn.to/2mLwlfl)
- PIR motion sensor (http://amzn.to/2EK1OX2)
- MQ35 sensor
- Sound Sensor (http://amzn.to/2HCYO0z)
- Light Sensor (http://amzn.to/2CcBAPr)
- DHT11 Temperature and Humidity sensor(http://amzn.to/2sPh3fO)
- 7805 Regulator IC (http://amzn.to/2CdUvcq)
- 9V Power Adapter (http://amzn.to/2CfffAL)
- 4 x 2 pin PCB mount screw terminal (http://amzn.to/2EM5Luz)
For Sensors and Multiplexer
You can make you own PCB at home, or can directly order it online.I got one amazing site called jlcpcb.com for ordering our pcbs online. You can design the pcb online too at easyeda.com and then just download the gerber file format of the PCB from there.
After that upload that gerber file on jlcpcb and you can get the pcbs right at your door steps.
The price is reasonable.
10 PCBs for $2.
One more thing,your first order will be delivered for free. So give it a try once.
If you are lucky enough, you’ll get a PCB for free as I have planned one giveaway do refer the project tutorial video to know how to claim these free PCBs.
This project takes the help of two online platforms, IFTTT and Adafruit MQTT . IFTTT stands for If This Then That, its a great platform on which we can merge two services by making an applet. In this, we need to provide one condition and one action. The Action will be performed whenever the particular condition will be satisfied.
With the help of IFTTT, I’m merging Google Assistant and Adafruit MQTT. The applet which I made is something like,
“If Google assistant listens to turn on fan, then send data 1 to fan feed of Adafruit MQTT broker.”
So this is one kind of applet which I made using IFTTT which combines my Google Assistant and Adafruit MQTT. Now how does Adafruit MQTT works? Basically, MQTT works on Broker Client Publish Subscribe method in which Clients are subscribed to one topic on the broker. Any data change in that topic will be reflected to all the devices connected to that same topic in that broker.
MQTT broker can be a local broker that works in the range of a wifi router, or it can be a cloud based broker that works from anywhere in this world.To learn more about IFTTT and MQTT, refer my tutorial video as I have explained everything in detailed manner.